Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How Great

I cannot thank yall enough for all the prayers! I was so happy to see that I was able to update some of you that know Boni too! 

She is doing much better and very stable.  She is still in ICU and will be through Tuesday, when she has her next leg surgery.  Then we will have to wait and see where they put her after that.  All of her other complications and injuries are healing well and the Dr's are thrilled with her progress.  She is in good spirits and we are keeping her smiling :).  Travis and her mom are having to keep her phone away so does not spend time responding to all the texts and emails :), instead of resting. If you know B, you wouldn't be surprised :).

I have spent every lunch and every evening until late at the hospital with her and relieving Travis or her mom when I can.  I am exhausted, but I will be there to help until she is good to go.  I will sleep when she is home and better.  I love this girl so much and it has shook me to the core to see her this way.  I also want to be there to do whatever I can to help Travis and the girls, they are just an extension of our family.  Shane and my kids have been spending time with the girls and the kids are all having a ball together :).  Times like these, I am even more reminded of what a perfect, Godly man, the Lord blessed me with in Shane.  I have barely been home and he still encourages me to be there for her and their family. 

Monday night, Shane and I took all 6 kids out for pizza and ice cream.  It was fun and crazy.  We don't know how the Duggars do it :)




As we all watch Boni heal and have her ups and downs, we still praise the Lord she is alive and healing.  He has had His hands on her the whole time and showed us, once again, just HOW GREAT HE IS! 

Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming!

Thank you Lord for Your answers to our prayers!



4 comments:

Ashley said...

This is such great news! Keep us updated. I know y'all will be glad when she is out of ICU. I can speak from experience--it is scary to be in ICU, but you do get the BEST care that I somewhat missed when I was sent to a regular floor. Will keep praying!

In This Wonderful Life said...

SO SO glad to hear your friend is doing better!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I am so glad to hear! I will keep praying! You are such an amazing friend, and I am so glad that you and your hubby have each other, God is good! :)

The Dolans said...

So glad I found a way to get updates on Boni! She is a friend from college and I recently ran into her at Mojito's. We joked about knowing each other's kids so well from Instagram and blogging. Please keep us updated on her progress! We are praying for her and her family!