Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Love Story

Seen this on many blogs, so I thought I would do it too!!  I just scattered some older pictures of us through out. If you know this stuff, well just move on to the fun bday post below :)!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

I met Shane when I was 15, just a month shy of 16 in December 1996.  We have been together for just over 15 years!




2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}

I was not allowed to date yet.  My friend was and she went out with a group of guys from a neighboring town with a few of our other friends.  When I get off work, she called me to come over.  I could not drive and she did not have a car yet. Shane, not really into the other girls, volunteered to take her to get me. I met him when they came to get me.  We flirted that night, but didn't exchange numbers.  I never thought I would see him again because he went to a different school.  The next night, I was supposed to go on a blind, double date with the same friend (I was NOT supposed to be dating!).  She and our dates were going to pick me up. She called me and tells me that the other guys have not shown up, BUT Shane and a different buddy of his showed up at her house and want to take us out.  What I found out much later, was that Shane went completely out of his comfort zone and came back to her house, hoping I would be there or he could at least get my number from her.  The rest is history.  I love that story and it still gives me butterflies. I know Shane so well now, he would NEVER do that!!!!

3. If married, how long have you been married?

We have been married for 10 and half years!!! Married on July 14th, 2001

 4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?

I guess it was medium/large 200 people, local country club for ceremony and reception!

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

I always call him "my Shane" to everyone else but not to him.  I guess we call each other babe.  Not much for us!

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

He is hilarious!
He is hot!
His commitment to us and the Lord is un-matched. 

7. Tell us how he proposed?

He surprised me at my office on Valentine's Day with lunch.  I did not even think we were going to celebrate v-day (as he called it) and he had me fooled that he was not going to propose for awhile.  He had me put the "special dessert" in the fridge, a "sweet carrot". I was really not sure what in the world we were going to have for dessert!  When it came time, he got the dessert.  It was a bunch of lettuce (apparently there needed to be lettuce around the carrot???) in a clear container.  I started to get the carrot out, when I quickly saw that it was in fact a ring box and he was proposing!!!!  I was so surprised and so excited!!! He then says "Well, do you wanna?"...love that man!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

Shane loves to give jewelry.  God bless him!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Movie and couch!  Heck, I will take any quiet moment alone with him these days!!

10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

We would both love to go to Greece.  Seriously, I don't really have a place in mind.  Just a vacay with him relaxing anywhere. 

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine’s Day?

I will be traveling with work. Boo.  We have been too busy to even plan anything else.  I am sure we will try to sneak in a date sometime this month.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine’s day?

Not really.  I am sure he will make me happy :)

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Always put each other first. Life is only going to get harder and it is real easy to put your marriage on your back burner.  Jobs will come and go. Your kids will even leave one day.  Your spouse will be there forever.  Take care of them and love them unconditionally.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Week after B was born :))))


Go link up too!!




4 comments:

Taylor said...

Awww, I love it! And I love all of your pictures!!

Jen said...

Cute, cute! Love this idea...might have to give it a try myself! :)

Kelly said...

Very cute love story

Savoir-Faire said...

loved this!!