Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanks to the Giving!

So much to blog, so little time!  We had a very eventful weekend and time off, let's start with Thanksgiving!  We had a great Thanksgiving with both families and we are very thankful...for all the good food :)..and these nuts we call family...just kidding...kind of :)

Thanksgiving always starts on Thanksgiving Eve at our house.  Every year I have my crew over for "Thanksgiving sandwiches".  YUMMO!!!






 Bree had a seriously cute pumpkin pie shirt on but girlfriend was not feeling the paparazzi and Mama was not feeling the fight!
We always start with watching the parade on Thanksgiving. Claire and Owen have grown to love it and that makes me smile as I somewhat remember previous years of a certain Mama making them watch it :).  I had to cook ALOT this year. I made two pumpkin pies and sweet potato casserole for both families.  I spent the morning making for my side of the family.  Everything worked out and was pretty tasty if I say so myself :)

We had Thanksgiving with my family for lunch at my Uncle and Aunt's home.  It was great and laid back.  Our kind of good time!  I thought my kids looked especially sweet :), in fact I could have soaked them in gravy and eaten them up too :)



 All of the cousins together!






After lunch, we went home, Shane and the little ones napped while me and Claire cooked AGAIN.  She was so much help and I was so proud, I had to hold back the tears.  Never thought I would tear up at the sight of a little one peeling sweet potatoes :)
Yes, she peeled all the potatoes and also made one of my pumpkin pies!  Love my girl....that turned EIGHT yesterday, but more on that later :)...

So we woke up the lazies, freshened up (read: pinned back Mama's sweaty hair from cooking ;)) and went to Thanksgiving with the Browns.  Another great one indeed!


 This is my son's plate.  THE.BOY.WONT.EAT!






Thanksgiving was great and now on to Jesus' Birthday!!!  More posts to come with more fun!!!

4 comments:

DietCokeStraightUp said...

I have to say Owen's plate and mine when I was younger were very similar! I'm just now branching out and trying new foods. Love reading about your fabulous family.

Amy said...

what a beautiful family! where did you get your daughter's adorable chevron print dress?? it is SO cute (and looks darling on her!) :)

Ashley E. said...

I bet Bree was precious in her shirt! I love all your pictures!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Looks like such a great time! Your kids are gorgeous!