Saturday, August 21, 2010

One year...


Today is my sweet baby Bree's first birthday!!!  This year has gone by so fast and she has grown up so much!!!!  We love this baby with all our hearts and cannot remember life without her!  This past year was quick, but Bree did teach me so much this year....

12 things I learned in Bree's first year :)...

1.  Miracles do happen...I thought I knew this before, but I really learned this fact when Bree was born and was absolutely perfect!! She was not supposed to be and it was a miracle that she was so well!!
2.  I really don't need sleep, that is just a luxury I will have one day :)!
3.  Raising three kids is and will probably be the hardest thing I will ever do.
4.  Loving three kids is and will be the easiest thing I will ever do!
5.  One does not need teeth to eat anything.  Bree made that abundantly clear.
6.  Chubby is gorgeous, Bree brought chunky back :)!
7.  A hair bow can never be too big!
8.  I learned a whole new level of multi-tasking!  I can hold a baby on one hip and do many things at the same time including but not limited to: make dinner, tie other childrens' shoes, work on a computer, make a bed, put make up on, dry hair etc....
9.  Always keep phones, remotes, cameras, etc as high as possible!
10.  There is nothing sweeter than baby curls!  Although, Bree believes the best is twirling Mama's hair :).
11.  Mama and Daddy's bed is much more comfortable than a crib...or so we have been "told" by Bree :).
12.   Music can cure anything!!  We sing, we dance, all makes our baby girl happy!!

Sweet Bree Leighton, we love you so much!!!  You are and will always be our baby!!! We have had so much fun this crazy year!! We have had quite the time trying to figure this whole three kid thing out and you have been just along for the ride, smiling along the way!!  We thank God everyday that we have you in our lives!! I will never stop kissing your cheeks as long as you always twirl my hair!! I know the other two are growing up and you are too, but forever you will be my chunky, curly headed, big eyed smiley, angel baby!  Happy Birthday B!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

11 comments:

Madison Sanders said...

Happy Birthday, Bree!

Kristy said...

Happy Birthday Bree!! You are an adorable little doll! :)

Christie Huggins said...

best blog ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amywelborn said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Bree!!! Love The Welborns!!

Tara Gibson said...

Happy birthday Bree! Your aunt t and uncle drew (and your best bud Sadie) love you!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Happy Birthday Bree!

Suz said...

Awwww, Happy Birthday sweet Bree!

Kari Beth said...

Happy Birthday Bree! Glad I got to see your chubbiness in person! You are a doll baby!

Charbelle said...

Such a doll Miss Bree!! Happy Birthday!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Happy Birthday Bree! I cannot believe she is a year old! A little miracle indeed!! :)

Maggie said...

Awww, great '12 things' Rachel!! I can't even believe a year has past already. I can remember reading your hospital blog post like it was yesterday - probably because it was so traumatic!! Good gosh, that one was a doosie and made me weak at the knees. Praise God for a healthy baby Bree and healthy Momma!!! She is gorgeous (as are C & O)!!