Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 18th, 2010...

July 14th, 2001 - Got Married

November 28th, 2003 - Baby Claire

August 14th, 2006 - Baby Owen

August 21st, 2009 - Baby Bree

April 18th, 2010 - I was re-baptised today! I was baptised at a much younger age when I believed and understood that Jesus was my Savior who died on the cross for my sins and I was ready to commit myself to Him for the rest of my life. I was young, but I believe I knew what I was doing...and I did not want to go to Hell.


My life has changed very much since then. After I became a mother, most recently after Bree and all the challenges we went through in her pregnancy and birth, I became very convicted that I needed to re-commit myself to the Lord and that was what He was asking me to do. It was so tough and humbling going forward as a grown woman and mother. But I did not walk forward alone, I was carried forward by Him as He gave me the courage to take that step. I seriously don't even remember the actual walk, just suddenly I was at the front of the church during invitation. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I feel so much lighter. Singing through the invitation this morning, I, for the first time did not feel this huge weight on my shoulders and the lump the size of a tennis ball in my throat =). I will always feel conviction and I will never feel good enough, but I know for sure now that I have been forgiven of my sins and washed clean with his blood. My Lord Jesus has saved me and I know that my testimony will hopefully help someone else go forward, if only one person!! It is a good day for me and I will never forget it!!

Shane, the kiddos, and some of our family were able to stand behind me as I was baptised this morning, the sweetest feeling in the whole world!!! Thank you Lord for this wonderful family, all of our friends, and most of all for saving me and making me new!!!

Some pictures Tara was able to get for me! Somehow Shane managed to stay out of all of them, but he was there =)!








Big day at church - BOB AND LARRY were there!!!!

Hope you had a great Sunday!!!

8 comments:

Sherrie said...

Congratulations on your baptism. That's wonderful!

In This Wonderful Life said...

what a wonderful day for you!!!!! congrats! :)

Nessa said...

That is SOOOO wonderful.. praise Jesus!!! and CONGRATS! Ahhh, so happy for you!!!! =) =)

Jessica said...

Congratulations on your re-baptism! That is great & very humbling. I also just wanted to say that you have a precious family! Hope you have a great week!

Christie Huggins said...

That's awesome Rachel!!!!

Tara Gibson said...

so glad to be a part of this day! You are def blessed and God is going to do wonderful things with your life! He already has! Love ya!

Rebekah said...

You have such an awesome story and I know that the Lord will use it for His glory! I am so proud that you stepped out in faith. How wonderful! I miss Pinnacle Hills so much! We went there before we moved to Texas. You are a part of such a wonderful church!

Lane said...

So wonderful! Congrats again! :)