Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Officially a School Girl...

Well, it is official, Claire started Kindergarten this morning! I am a complete wreck and that was one the hardest things I have ever done, dropping her off at school!!!! She did so well and we are so proud of her! She went right in and was just fine telling me and Shane "Bye!". I was practically running to the car so I could get there and bawl my eyes out!! This is waaaaaaaaay too much for a 9 month pregnant woman to handle! I know she is going to have so much fun today and this is such a huge day is her life so far, but I cannot wait until 2:45 to go pick her up=)!! We went as a family this morning to drop her off and of course I got tons of pictures...
Walking out the door this morning...Owen and Daddy leading the way...Cheesy grin - so excited!Mama and Claire
Mama, Claire and ODaddy and ClaireDaddy, Claire and OClaire and O =)Walking in the halls...
Walking into the classroom...Putting our things away in our cubby...

Sitting at her seat...such a big girl!Claire and her fabulous teacher Mrs. Muller!Hugs for Daddy...break.my.heart.Hugs for brother...Me and Owen are just hanging out, not knowing what to do with ourselves! The house is so quiet, but I am sure it will be back to usual this afternoon when Clairebear comes home and we hear all about her first day!!! Have a great day!!!!

17 comments:

Becky said...

Oh yeah, I have water in my eyes over these sweet pictures! She looks like a little fashion queen - love the outfit. What an exciting day Rachel - put your feet up and rest this morning. You have a big day coming up Friday!

Tara Gibson said...

oh my word! Im tearing up! How is she old enough to be in school already!?!? Love her outfit, she looks adorable!

In This Wonderful Life said...

poor mamma!!! I can imagine that it was an emotional time! She looks so happy though! It's a new little chapter of her life but you will still be the biggest part of it :) Love her outfit and her teacher? she looks SO cute too!

amywelborn said...

What a big girl..she looked adorable! So did you! Can't imagine what it will feel like when Madd starts school!

Kim at Scarlett Boutique said...

I don't think I can stand this!!! Does anybody know how to turn back the clock?!! I am really liking the home school idea...

Boni Williamson said...

WE MADE IT THROUGH! Sounds like we both barely made it, but we did! This morning is dragging by...but 2:45 will be here before we know it! I was thinking about you this morning as I knew we were going to be the same "cry baby" boat! :) But, I don't have an excuse of being preggo! :)

Claire is a doll...can't wait to "hear" about her day!

Madison Sanders said...

Yep, today is the first of many adventures for Claire. It's great that she has such supportive parents that will be there every step of the way. I got emotional reading that. I can't imagine what you went through.

I guess Owen doesn't know what to do with himself since Claire is gone during the day. I'm sure he'll find something to get into... :)

morewineplease said...

OH DEAR! I almost started crying! What is wrong with me!!!!!!
She looks adorable, and I am sure she will love it!

Mrs. Heck said...

Bless your heart, Rachel! I remember Kirby's first day of kindergarten and I was 8 months prego...those hormones are hard to control! I hope today didn't drag too long for you and Owen. Did he miss his big sis? And I'll be thinking about you when you go to have baby Bree here in a few! *HUGS!*

5th Belle Avenue said...

She looks ADORABLE!! And SO excited!

momMYsliceoflife said...

I came over from Tara's blog. Oh my gosh! Clair is so cute! I love, love, love her MJ outfit. I'm a huge fan of theirs.

Lisa said...

TEAR!!!! Ugh, I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about how you must feel. She's so adorable!!!!

Life of a Savannah Wife said...

I love her 'first day outfit'. So cute! Tell Claire Happy First Day!!!

Brown Four...Never a Dull Moment said...

Yay...I'm so glad everything is going so well for Claire! She looks so cute in her outfit! The pictures of her hugging everyone brought a tear to my eye...so sweet!

Make sure to take an easy the next couple of days...I look forward to Friday!

Suz said...

Seriously, I cannot even imagine how hard that is to see your baby starting K! I am ready to cry just seeing those pics! So sweet! Can't wait for an update of how her day went!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

She looked so precious!

Kari Beth said...

such a sweet post. . .claire looked absolutely precious!