Thursday, October 30, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
This is June 2006 (we did not have a digital camera when Claire was first born) - Claire was 2½ and Owen was in my belly! This is one of my favs of her in her cute bathing suit outside playing in the sprinkler....as you can see Claire had the attitude at an early age =)....so sweet, look at those legs!!
This is a perfect transition into the latest hilarious story about Claire....
In the car after school...
Claire: "Mama, I got hit in the nose today by a boy"
Mama: "Are you okay? Did it bleed?"
Claire: "No, I am fine...Elijah did it."
Some background: Last week when we went to see them at the park, her teacher was telling me that Claire and Elijah are always at it and he is always hitting her or something and then she usually retaliates. She has to keep them apart, but they always end up together somehow.
Mama: "Did you tell the teacher?"
Mama: "Did he get in trouble?"
Claire: "Yes, she took us both and told us that we do not need to play together anymore since we cannot play nice."
Mama: "Claire I do not want you to play with him anymore. You need to play with someone else and stay out of trouble. You do what teacher told you and I better not hear that you are doing it again, do you understand?"
Claire: "Yes Mama..." long pause..... "...but sometimes he is really handsome."
Mom and I laughed so hard under our breaths. Now it all makes sense. I called Shane later to tell him about this hilarious convo, yet he did not seem as amused....
In other Owen related news...
- Owen has lost his shoes (new ones).
- Ruined the dry erase board with a permanent marker.
- Learned to stand on the end table and then leap head first into the couch...after telling him numerous times to stop, I spanked him on his butt, brought him to huge alligator tears...but when I walked off, they stopped and he proceeded to come up behind me, hit me on the rear and say "Bad Mama".
- Bust his lip 3 times in one week.
- Develop an insane fear of shopping baskets, specifically Hobby Lobby ones, and I am now that Mom that pushes a screaming child around the store.
- Finally master that left cross just high enough to punch his sister.
I am sure there is more to tell, but I must go as I hear him right now feeding the dogs...equals grabbing handfuls from the dog food bag and throwing the food at the bowls.
Since I have a pic of my little flirt Claire...here is the 6th picture of the 6th folder picture in the folders after we got our new digital camera for Christmas after big O was born =). This is December 2006 - Owen was just 4 months old and Claire was 2...look at those eyes!!!