Sunday, September 21, 2008

Random Weekend Tidbits!

We bought Shark Boy and Lava Girl...the movie...

...In 3D!! Too funny =)!

Friday night, we started the looooooooong process of addressing Tara's Wedding invitations, WOO HOO!! Claire stayed here with us girls while we addressed and stuffed, Shane and Owen went to a local High School game with Jake, Chad, and Clayton. Since I knew Claire would want to help, and we would not be able to let her, I bought her a craft to do while we were busy. You remember the pot holders we used to make?? The loops of panty hose thingys?? Here are the 2 sweeties and their Friday night plans =)
Owen was not thrilled with me that I busted out the camera...can you tell?? I had to take a picture of him in the hat =)!Better now, on Daddy and ignoring me =)!Saturday morning Shane and I went to the Hog, excuse me, Alabama Practice, game =(...if you don't know, the Hogs lost...badly! The game was terrible, but we had a good day just the two of us (Thanks Nana and Papa) and great tickets (Thanks G-pa and Brandi)! We finished the invites Saturday night (I am sure Tara will have a post up, if not already, you know she had her camera =))! Hope you had a great weekend too!!


=

10 comments:

Hollie said...

I used to make those pantyhose things, too! Fun times!
The last pic of you and the hubs is great!

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I have never heard of those pantyhose things. But they look like fun!

Maggie said...

I LOVED making those pot holders!! I still have some we made from church camp years ago, that I use all the time (they are much better than the other store bought ones at keeping the heat at bay!!)

Love Owen's pics... so funny how they react to bringing out the camera!! Josh is always like, "Mom, Come on! Don't you have ENOUGH pictures of me yet?!" LOL Jonah isn't old enough yet to care. =)

Brittney said...

Owen and Jillian both look like they love having their picture taken...not! Must be a 2 year old thing. I like his shirt...it seems very fitting for O!

Lane said...

Oh wow! I forgot all about those things. That's crazy that they still even make them. How fun!

Tara Gibson said...

you forgot to mention that i made that fabulous panty hose necklace! haha.. i love that pic of you and shane

Brooke Bertalan said...

So much to say. First of all, Mitch and I went to Zac's football game on Friday night too. I held Owen a lot and let's just say that now that it is Monday, my arm is finally starting to get back to normal. It's still a little sore though. What a chunk!! Owen was the cutest thing dancing to the band playing at half time. I will have to send you the pics.
Second, this is the first time for me to see this hat of his. Haha. All I saw at the game was a full head of crazy blond hair.
Third, you guys look cute at the game on Saturday. We were there tailgating. You should've called. I think that there is a rule in place that you HAVE to call when you guys are in town!!
Cute pics of everyone. Love you guys!

Unknown said...

That picture of you and your man is SO cute! I love your pretty scarf and cannot finish typing fast enough to go see Tara's site. I bet her wedding is going to be amazing!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I definitely remember the pot holders but they never seemed to come out right, maybe it was just us! Great idea to get Claire a craft while you guys work on fun invites. The second not thrilled Owen pic is priceless! Very nice last pic too!

Mojito Maven said...

I totally used to make those pantyhose things!!!

Looks like you had a great weekend!