Saturday, August 30, 2008

Meet Oscar Chang Brown!!

I am so excited to introduce you to our newest son/child/baby/dog, Oscar Chang Brown!!! Oscar is a one year old French Bulldog and we are so excited to have him join our family!! My great friend Ellie was so awesome to tell me about this couple she works with is looking for a new home for their precious, fabulously trained, French Bulldog...of course I was all over this!! I have wanted to add another dog to our family for quite some time now, but Shane did not want us to have to go through training a puppy again, now with 2 children! As well, our Pug Cooper has lost so much weight recently since my sisters have both adopted puppies and they are always over playing with Cooper. He needs a playmate, other than Owen that just feeds him french fries, to keep him active. So I have kept my ears open for a chance like this!!

So, we had a meet and greet with our family and the former parents , Minki and Emily, of Oscar, specifically Cooper and Oscar...and everything went perfect!! Owen LOVED him and was literally rolling around wrestling with Oscar and he was so good with him!! So, we were sold!! They brought him to us this morning and we have had a blast since....he is going to fit right in with our family!! Cooper keeps on giving us these looks of "I didn't ask for another dog"=), but they have had fun running around together! Oscar is trained so well, much better than Cooper ever thought about being. Minki and Emily did such a great job with him, he is the most well behaved puppy I have ever seen!! We are hoping we can keep them up and Cooper can learn a few things =). Oscar LOVES the kids and just follows them around. The first thing Owen said when he woke up from his nap "Where Cocker?"! (no remarks =)) He is perfect with them, I could not have asked for a better dog to add to our family! We kept his first last name as his middle name. I wanted to post some cute, posed pictures of Oscar with the kids and Cooper, but it has been a pretty much chaos all day and I couldn't get anyone to sit still long enough =). Here are a bunch of pictures of Oscar joining the Browns!!!
Owen followed him around with ball in hand...Cooper is not really into catch anymore at the old age of 6!! How sweet is that face??!!The new brothers playing... Big brother Cooper, with the look I mentioned =).... He sleeps in this bed about half his size, he just curls up in a ball =)!! You know I have matching monogrammed beds coming for him and Cooper, but this is too cute!! I will always keep this one since he obviously loves it!!Here is Owen watching football in Oscar's bed...I guess he thinks it is a recliner =). I thought Emily would get a kick out of this!!
We are having a "Welcome Oscar" Party tomorrow night with the family and Oscar's new doggie cousins, Winston and Sadie!! Pictures to come of course!!

Minki and Emily - Thank you so much for this opportunity to add this fabulous puppy to our family!! We know it was hard to let go of him, but know that he is in good hands and we will spoil him rotten =)!! That sweet baby girl is going to be a doll and we wish you nothing but the best!! Please stay in touch and you will always see updated pics of Oscar on this blog!! Claire and Owen thank you this big (Claire has arms spread reeeeeeally wide =))!!!





Oh and by the way..........................................................................................................







WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PIG SOOIEE!!! RAZORBACKS!!
Finally it is college football season!! Go hogs, beat Western Illinois!! Shane is going to the game tonight, but we all donned our Razorback gear to spend the night with our puppies!!!

9 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

Oh my gosh!!! How fun!!!!! I LOVE the name! He looks like an Oscar, actually. My friend, Diana, has a pug named Kahlua and I just adore her! You have two cuties there. Oh, and the dogs are pretty adorable, too!

Are ya'll going to make it over to Auburn for the game when they play Arkansas? We'll have to meet up, if so! (If you want, I mean!)

Tara Gibson said...

yea! For oscar! What a little sweetie he is! I'm glad him and Sadie are buds now! She passed out right when she got in the car last night and still hasn't woke up haha. Those pics of the kids are adorable!

Kristy said...

Hello! I was surfing through the blogs I love and found yours off of Amy's. I absolutely LOVE your background!! Too cute!
We love the Hogs too... Casey saved the day! I was sweating it the whole 4th quarter!!

Jessica said...

Found you through Kelly's Korner.. what a cute blog you have! We are also from NWA. : )

Lane said...

He is so cute!! I can't wait to meet mister Oscar! Cooper is going to be so skinny! :)

GO HOGS!! :)

Brittney said...

I can't believe that you got another doggie!!!! I hope you love your new family member. We always threaten another dog too since we miss Miller so much!

Can't wait to meet the little guy

Jessica said...

Oscar looks so cute in his bed. I just want to kiss him. Can't wait to meet him and I can't wait to see how Buzz reacts. How did Sadie and Winston do? I'm sure Sadie had a blast - she loves playing unlike my Buzz. See you soon. Missed ya'll this weekend!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oscar is so cute. Can't wait to meet him. The pictures of Cooper staring at him are priceless. That dog has so much personality - does Oscar have excess personality like Coop?

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

I love that you share your pictures with us! I left you an award over at my blog! Hope you have a great weekend!