Tuesday, July 15, 2008

7 years...no itch!

So in the chaos of coming home from the trip, getting back to the reality of work (left for Atlanta this morning, staying through Friday morning), Big Kitchen Queens plans (Summer Picnic Friday night), and of course no more (if there ever really was any) sleeping at night routines thanks to a week of Nona telling the sweeties "there are no rules on vacation!"...Shane and I kind of almost forgot that yesterday was our 7 year anniversary! I had big plans of doing a fun little montage of our beautiful life together (I have prom pictures people) and writing a sweet little note to Shane in a post (just like some of my favorite bloggers B, Lane and Summer), but I am now in a hotel in Atlanta, up to my neck in reports (BLAH), and I am tired. But I cannot go without at least a small tribute....

My Shane, I love you more everyday!! You are my best friend and sometimes I think you know me better than I know myself!! I can still remember the exact feelings of when we first met and I told my Mom you were the man I was going to marry. You still give me those same butterflies (especially when you wear your hat backwards and chew minty gum) =) to this day. I know I drive you crazy with all of parties and plans all of the time and you are the most patient person I know. 2 children and 1 pug later, along with the hottest husband ever, I could not ask for anything more (ok, one more baby). I could not imagine being any happier!! I could not live without you and I look forward to many many more years together!! Love you babe!!
Here are some fun pictures of me and Shane over the last year (all I have on my computer - I have realized we do not take many pictures of just us anymore, specifically with my camera)
Cabo - June 2007 -our first vacation from the babies - not a great picture of me, but I think Shane is a hottie in it!!
Sept 2007 - My Dad's wedding
December 2007 - Shay's Wedding - Austin, TX
April 2008 - Arkansas Derby
May 2008 - Fun Date night with the crew

July 2008 - Last night of our vacation at LuLu's!
We did go to a quick dinner with no kids Sunday night, Sushi and Frappucinos! Last night, Claire and Owen took us to one of their favorites, Red Robin...no complaints, great way to celebrate 7 years!!

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Happy Anniversary! 7 years and counting...not bad! I also loved all of the thousands of beach bacation pics! That must have taken years to upload!!!!

Tara Gibson said...

congrats you two! You are def role models for drew and I. Love you both!

Brooke Bertalan said...

Happy Anniversary!! Are you getting a baby to celebrate your 7 years together? : ) I hope so. I love you guys and I agree with Tara; you are the perfect roll models for me and Mitch.

Unknown said...

Hey Rachel! I read your blog too, how funny! Your kids are adorable. It's so funny how all my married friends read mine to reminisce about single life and I read theirs to fulfill my dreams of being married!
Thanks ;)

Ashley @ pure and lovely said...

awe congrats you guys! glad you had a great time!